The ability to create, build, keep and sustain relationships is one of the distinct traits that define us as human beings. The average human is a social animal and as such, needs to interact with other members of his local community. Out of the numerous kinds of defined relationships available, friendship is one of them which humans can’t do without. From time to time, we do keep friends that we involve in our day-to-day lives and activities.
However, friendship can either make or destroy you, depending on the nature of the friends you keep. As a result, we compiled these quotes on friendship below to help and guide you to define your friendship relationships.
QUOTES ON FRIENDSHIP
Here are some quotes on friendship that will inspire friends and make you cherish the friends you already have in your life.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
- The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it. – Hubert H. Humphrey
- One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. – Thomas Aquinas
- The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant
- Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.
- Friends are the siblings God never gave us.
- A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else. Len Wein
- It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
- Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go.
- She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
- The best time to make friends is before you need them.
- There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.
- It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
- The only way to have a friend is to be one.
- A friend is a gift you give yourself.
- No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
- A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!
- Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.
- True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.
- I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
- Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness. – Euripides
MORE INTERESTING AND SHORT QUOTES ON FRIENDSHIP
Here are more friendship quotes
- Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
- If you have one true friend you have more than your share.
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
- Of all possessions a friend is the most precious.
- A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.
- When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.
- Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one.
- A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity.
- Lay this unto your breast: Old friends, like old swords, still are trusted best.
- The world is round so that friendship may encircle it.
- There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.
- Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.
- In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
- The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.
- A friend to all is a friend to none. – Aristotle
- A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
- But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
- When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.
- Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
- True friends stab you in the front.
- The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.
- A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
- Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil.
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
- Yes’m, old friends is always best, ‘less you can catch a new one that’s fit to make an old one out of.
- A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
- I have learned that to be with those I like is enough. – Walt Whitman
- I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
Final Thoughts– Quotes On Friendship
The type of people you hang out with gives a rough hint about the kind of person you are, according to an old African adage. We hope this list of quotes on friendship will assist you to define your associations, companionship, relationships and most importantly, FRIENDSHIPS.
You May Also Like:
2 thoughts on “61 Best Quotes On Friendship”